Thursday, April 3, 2014

Update on numbers

Thanks for being patient. This round of chemo has been rough. I have had more side effects and felt sick this round in comparison to the other rounds. 

I got my AFP value back yesterday and it came back at 11.69 (previously at 126). Below 8.3 is normal. So close. Off by 3 points. The disappointment I felt took my breath away. My doctor was also disappointed and said he would come up with a game plan since I am so close. 

The plan is to redraw the AFP on Tuesday. If it is below 8, I will be done with chemo entirely. If it's not, they will come up with a game plan. So for now it's a waiting game. 

Will update more later- this chemo brain has a short attention span today. 

1 comment:

  1. Jyndia,
    I'm thinking about you every day. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Unlike most people, I don't think everything happens for a reason. Sometimes bad things do happen to good people. But I know that everything that happens to us helps us grow. Once you have finished this battle, you will be a different person; stronger, wiser, and even better. Fight on, girl! Judi Hewitt

    ReplyDelete