Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 2... nausea

Today was okay. I had a rough night last night. The steroid injection I got yesterday has a side effect of of wakefulness at night. So I was awake from 2am to 7am. And when I woke up, I was accompanied by a little known friend, nausea. I tried taking a sip of water, which only made it worse.  I have had a horrible taste in my mouth that is very metallic, which makes eating or really drinking anything rather difficult. The nurse mentioned being very proficient with oral care; so I got a tung scraper today and toothpaste and mouth wash that are higher in something.... Anyways, seemed to help a little.

Today I was so sleep deprived from the antics of the night before, I slept through most of my treatment. I was able to eat some soup at lunch time, so praying that continues to be something I can get down. My friend Shayne had gotten these fried plantains for me from TJ's and I ate them like candy on Monday and today the smell of them made me want to vomit. So, I guess thats how this is going to go.

So far, I have been passing my time reading the book of Acts. A book in the Bible I have never read (or at least not in its entirety). Its been really cool to read about how the church went from just a mere 12 people to thousands and thousands. I have been seeing small miracles happening all around me since this all began. Trying to keep strong in my faith and prayer for peace and understanding. And sleep :)

I thought since today was kinda low, I would make a list of those miracles I have seen so far:

  • That my cancer is curable
  • That my cancer was found quickly before it had a chance to ravish my body
  • That they did not have to take my ovaries during the tumor resection
  • That I easily have the most amazing friends and family keeping tabs on me
  • My mom for being here during this week
  • My coworkers who have stepped up with meals and fun goodies to brighten my spirits
  • That I have an environment at home that promotes a healing environment
  • That so far, chemo is not as horrible as I built it up to be
  • That I have a lovely caring nurse that seeks every opportunity to answer questions and keep my body at ease during this transition
Those are just a few that I have been privy to whiteness since this all began. Here is a picture from today. Tomorrow is going to be Seahawks gear including this really awesome amazing blanket I received from Camille's moma Maria.


4 comments:

  1. Montana is praying for you and your family. Stay strong .
    Hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jyndia,
    We haven't met; your mom and I know each other from Glacier H.S. Just want to say how much I admire your spirit and determination. You are a true warrior. You and your family are in my prayers. Sending good energy, love and wishing you a strong and healthy recovery. Say hi to your mom for me (I sent her a text the other day).
    Victoria Cronin p.s. GO Seahawks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jyndia, your positive attitude is inspiring!! Who would think of things to be grateful for when they're going through chemo??? Only you, special, awesome YOU! Keep it up girlfriend! I'd love to call you but I know you're probably worn out. Just know we're thinking about you in MN with a lot of love. Justine :-)

    ReplyDelete