Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Good news!

Round 4 has been a beast. Everything sucks a little but more. I am even shocked how little energy I have had this go around. But this is where things start to look up. 

Today I received the news that my AFP had dropped enough that is will in fact be my last round of chemo! I still need to finish out next week's treatment, but this is it. Last time I have to be noxious poked by the port needle, last time I have to sit for hours as I watch toxins drip into my heart. This is it

The plan is to be followed by blood work for the next 4-6 weeks, with a PET scan down the road to make sure it's gone. 

It's a strange mix of feelings. I want to celebrate, but my body is so exhausted. For now, my smile is a little bit bigger :) God is good. Spring is all around, reminding me of new beginnings. Today is a new beginning. 

3 comments:

  1. What a huge blessing and answer to so many prayers. So glad to hear of this news, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Such good news indeed. Your smile will just keep getting bigger and bigger and your energy will come back eventually. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you! Way to keep positive and focus on the blessings. I think we're all smiling a bit bigger for and with you.

    ReplyDelete