Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 5 of chemo


A little fun today
Woohoo! Made it through the first week without any horrible adverse effects. I will have to say my nursing staff and doctor were all over getting me the correct medications to work with the copious amounts of chemo that have been infusing all week. I am overwhelmed how faithful they have been to getting nausea under control.

Today I was fortunate to have two coworker join me for the chemo session. Shayne and Sarah were awesome and really helped me to feel back in the loop. It really makes the sessions more entertaining AND helps me keep on track of emptying my bladder. Side note, because the cisplatin is so harsh on my kidneys, they infuse several liters of a saline mix of eletrolights. AND it is important to get those fluids out. Praise God my blood came back today, noting my kidney function was good and I was okay to receive my dose of cisplatin. :)


After chemo I was pretty tired so took a little 3 hour nap :) I have been walking after chemo sessions all week, so that was unusual that I was so tired. But I am on this new thing where I actually listen to my body. So, cheers to new habits.

My friend Kristen drove down from Seattle and was here by the time I awoke from my nap. We met up with some girls playing cards at a coffee shop near by, which was a perfect night-cap; out of my house and a chance to "feel normal".

Again, I was so blessed by the giving nature of people when I arrived home. My mom's friend Marie made me some chemo hats and of course my favorite, a Seahawks bracelet. Thank you for you generosity in the little things. Not one thing goes unnoticed. I am severely behind in my thank you notes, but know I will get caught up this weekend (after my Hawks win the Super Bowl).

Thank you all for your love and support and prayers this week. I truly believe this week was tolerable because of the thousands of prayers that were lifted this week. I am humbled by your willingness to participate in the journey with me.


The girls 

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo week one down! It so good to see you smile and laugh. I hope you continue after the Broncos win tomorrow! Oriana apologizes for not sending you her "lunch time" text picture yesterday. She was being a slacker but will be composing one shortly! Loving you from Montana~the Barber Castro Clan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you got my phone message Jyndia. We've been praying for you every day and I've been thinking about you a lot. So good to finally get to your blog and read how you are recognizing God's goodness to you and His hand on you through every step so far. Can't wait to talk to you. One week down and in great spirits. I wouldn't have guessed any differently that's for sure. Sorry but I do agree with the post above and after I saw your Seahawks stuff I have to say I hope you remain in good spirits after my Broncos win the Super Bowl tomorrow!! We love you and are with you all the way. We'll talk soon.
    Biz

    ReplyDelete