Thursday, April 24, 2014

Friends for life

Last week my friend Becky came to Portland to visit.  It was so good to see her and I am always amazed when a friendship can just pick up where it left off. We think the last time we saw each other was Christmas 2013, but before that was her wedding (summer 2007). I was looking for pictures from her wedding, but they must be on my external hard drive. I am so thankful she came out and I was able to show her some of my favorite parts of Portland.

She arrived last Tuesday which was the last day of Round 4. I was pretty tired, but we ventured over to Hawthorn neighborhood to people watch. I was cracking up with Becky's comments "does everyone where skinny jeans?" and "why does that guy just have one pant leg rolled up? Is that a fashion statement?" and "you eat food from a cart?". I wish I could remember all the things she said because I was literally laughing out loud multiple times.


On Wednesday we went to heaven (Zama Salon)! Becky treated me to the full salon experience including a facial, massage and foot soak. It was a fantastic way to celebrate being done with chemo and a chance to really just relax. The salon we went to was amazing and if you are in the Portland area, I highly recommend going. We went out for Thai food afterwards, which I think was Becky's first time eating Thai food. We spent the rest of the day running around the city seeing sights and just hanging out.

On Thursday we woke up and went to the Waffle Window in SE Portland. It was amazing and enough to send anyone's blood sugar over the edge :) We drove around the west hills and picked out our dream homes :) It was raining all day so we spent a good amount of time hanging out on my couch watching TV and just catching up on life.


I am consistently amazed by all of my friends, near and far that have given so much during this time. Thank you Becky for taking time away from your family and your life to come out and spend time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment