Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Recap

My moma
Saturday!!
Saturday was an easy day at chemo. I came in around 8:15 am for my steroids, fluids and an injection that is designed to pull immature white blood cells out of my bones to prep me for the next couple of weeks of building back up. With this, comes the side effect of possible bone pain (major bones of the body: pelvis, femur, tibia, arms). They gave me some anti-histamine to help with this pain, but I am trying to do my own just to be active and get my joints ranging.


My oldest life friend Kristen came down on Friday night for the duration of the weekend and attended chemo with me and my mom. We played a game of Sorry, with my mom killing us in the game. Helps the time pass when you getting fluids. Plus it was fun :) Kristen and I sneaked away and got pedicures which was good for the soul. We got some girl time and it was just good to spend time relaxing.

When we were all finished, my sister-in-law and nephew drove up to Portland. We spent the morning playing with him and then when he took a nap, Kristen, Lyds and I got to go to Vivace to get coffee and and a crape. It felt good to finally get some solid food in my belly :) Plus more girl time! We came back and took James to a park (walked about 1.5 mile from my house round-trip). He had so much fun climbing and swinging and sliding. I loved his sweet smile and just plane joyful attitude. I crashed pretty hard after dinner after a long day.


Sunday!!

Super Bowl Sunday! I feel like I have been waiting my lifetime to see the SeaHawks have a somewhat successful season and that day was finally upon us :) Kristen helped decorate my house to be consistent with 12th Man gear and some small decor to show our spirit. Energy wise, it has been hard to know when I am going to be feeling good and when I am going to have a low point. They seem to come and go, some times predictably and others not so much physically, but mental fatigue.

Friends from work joined over for the game and it was perfect. As predicted, Sunday was a low energy day, but it felt so good to have friends and my family close to me to cheer on the Hawks. There was no pressure to host or entertain and I could not have been more thankful for that. I am continually blessed by this community that has built around me in such a short time.

Went to bed happy last night that my team played well and that I made it through my first week of full chemo. I am so grateful for the prayers and support I am receiving from all angles.


SeaHawks Win!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment