Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Weekend update #5

Here is the long awaited weekend update. I was so fortunate to have Alison come into town to hang out. She and I grew up together in Montana and since have seen each other through al of life's stages. She now lives in NYC with her husband Alex. It was great to spend so much time together, neither of us could remember since we had so much time alone together. It was perfect. Without further ado...

I was able to check more things off my 101 list, which is always fun! She arrived on Wednesday night late. Thursday morning I hung out while Alison worked remotely. We grabbed brunch at Vivace before heading out to the beach.

Driving/riding the 101 is # 49 on my list. So our first stop was Tillamook. We went to the cheese factory of course, and then headed to catch a glimpse of the Cape Meares lighthouse. It was a fun little walk to the lighthouse, which offered really cool views of the cliffs, waterfalls and waves crashing against the rocks.  We then drove to Cannon Beach where we stated the evening at the cutest Inn ever! The Inn at Cannon Beach is very highly recommend by the two of us should you find yourself in the town. We ordered pizza and got lucky because they were closing in 10 minutes. Only in a small town. The rest of the evening we hung out, ate pizza and watched Dallas Buyer's Club. 
Lighthouse, cliffs and our cute little inn/cottage in Cannon Beach

Tillamook Cheese Factory!

We woke up early the next morning and grabbed breakfast from the lobby and went back to our room to watch Silver Linings Playbook. We packed up the room and went to Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach. The tide was out, so we got very lucky and got to see different tide pools and the majority of the side of the rock. Usually the water is well covering the rock, but we were able to walk out quite a ways!

Alison and I at the beach

Alison throwing the bottle! And friends we met along the way :)
Next stop, Seaside. We didnt spend too much time here, but composed our messages for the bottles and walked around the town. It was sunny, which was fun to walk around the city.

Final stop was Astoria. We threw our messages in the bottle into the ocean, which was an adventure! We did not have the right technique and had to rescue our bottles at least 2 times before becoming content with where they landed ($86 on the list).  A few times people appeared near the ocean and we got scared they would turn us in for littering. But we got lucky, so it was meant to be!

Fort Clatsop- Astoria

I had been wanting to see some part of Oregon's history, so we went to Fort Clatsop where Lewis and Clark spent the winter 1805-1806 (#72 on the list). We got to see a replica of the fort and walk around the grounds, see a few boats, etc. It was really cool to see and the whole area of Astoria has a lot of info regarding Lewis & Clark. We had lunch in the most amazing location! An old boat that served fish & chips. So fun!! 
Bowpicker Fish & Chips- Astoria

From there we drove back to Portland and met up with my family. My brother, sister-in-law met my dad, myself and Alison for dinner. They all stayed the night and we were able to catch up a bit. Love spending time with my family and of course, hanging out with the little man.

My nephew James
Saturday I went to my brother's climbing competition and Alison went to visit her friend from college. We then spent the afternoon hanging out, watching movies together. A perfect afternoon/evening! Alison had to leave early Sunday morning which was a bummer! I loved having her in town, but was very sad to see her go. 

I met up with my friend Raynelle for froyo before church class. It was so great to see her and be able to catch up a little. Church class was amazing again! Huge blessing to have this class right now!! I was also able to get out and take a walk after class. Spring has sprung in Portland it was out in full bloom. Included is a picture of my walk. Overall, an amazing weekend!!! Loved hanging out with Alison. And of course checking of 3 items off the list!


2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun weekend and were able to see Ray. Love seeing your smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just missed the spring in the air. I can't wait to come out over spring break to enjoy spring for a few days. Love your blog. Miss you tons. Mom

    ReplyDelete