Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Home in Montana

Stepping onto the tarmac yesterday
There are few things like going home. The tranquillity that is rare in Portland is easily achieved in my home town.For as far as my eyes can see, exist only snow covered mountains, rolling hills of green and tree-lined properties belonging to neighbors and friends. Coming home is peaceful; replacing that need to "accomplish and achieve" with acceptance and existence. Home is relaxing; without the rush to go one place or another. Decisions are made slowly and then remade because there is seemly an abundance of time. Montana is majestic as described. And I am blessed to call it home.

I get to be here for a week and I have no plans. Each day I am going on walks with my family and doing my at home strength exercises. I hope to join my dad at his health club a few times while I am home and get higher level cardio sessions in as well. Other than that, it is just reading, writing and enjoying this gift of being home.

Update on health related things: I received news that my AFP counts continue to decrease (most recently sitting at 4.1) and my other blood counts continue to improve (red and white blood counts, liver enzymes, function of glucose, etc). I will follow-up with my oncologist in 1 month! No blood work until I see him again at the end of this month.
Cannot truly express how exciting it is not to have to be there weekly (and some times daily) anymore.

I return to work 3 weeks from today! I have a lot of strength and conditioning to do, but know I just need to be diligent with something each day. Each day its seems I have a specific allotment for energy and if I use too much too fast, I burn out by afternoon. So my two goals are learning how to pace myself as well as build up my energy reservoir. Both obviously requiring time and patience.

In other news, my parents are having a small gathering of people at their house this coming Thursday, May 8th from 4-7pm for people who would like to stop by and see how I am doing. My mom sent an initial email out last night, but I wanted to make sure the details were here as well incase we missed anyone with her email. Please message me for the address (jyndia.schaible@gmail.com). If you are in the area, would love to see you thursday or if you cannot make it, let me know and we can arrange another time.

I am planning to continue to write in this space and also transition back to writing at Dare to Dream. Feel free to check back in periodically.



No comments:

Post a Comment